Our rewards program offers added incentives for our loyal clients!
Earn points for every $1 you spend on products and services. You’re automatically enrolled just by becoming a client and we track all of your points for you – no need to carry a card or sign up.
The best part? Use your points for the things you really want – FREE services!
We’ve updated our list of ways to redeem your points by adding a few more & making it easier to earn more points!
100= Free Brow or Lip Wax
200= Free Conditioning Treatment
300= Free Skin Treatment
500= Free Blowout
600= Free Men’s Cut
800= Free OPI Gel Manicure (Coming in the Fall!)
1000= Free Accent Highlight
1200= Free Women’s Cut
1500= Free Partial Highlight
1800= Free Touch-Up
2000= Free Full Highlight
2200= Free Keratin Express Blowout
2500= Free Keratin Treatment
Earn 300 bonus points for referring a new client to our salon! Make sure they mention your name when booking their appointment!
And introducing… Double Point Tuesdays!
Earn double points on every $ you spend just for getting your hair done on Tuesday!
Redeem your points however you like – use them up as soon as you earn them or keep saving them up for something bigger!
If you regularly blow dry or flat iron your hair we recommend the Bumble and Bumble Quenching Masque for 200 points.
Then massage away your stress with a moisturizing skin treatment for just 300 points.
If you’ve never had highlights save up 1000 points and try out an accent highlight. We use only the highest quality Wella professional hair color products that are never harsh or damaging. An accent highlight can be just a few foils added to the top to show off that great new cut, or added as a fun peekaboo panel.
We like to show our appreciation to our clients for their loyalty and patronage. And we like to show it with more than just free cotton balls.
What’s the catch? There isn’t one! Points never expire, you don’t need to carry a card or a voucher or coupon, and you don’t need to sign up for anything. You’re automatically enrolled just by being a client.
There are however, just a few rules, which are subject to change at any time.
Points are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for gift certificates and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Summer is that most magical time of year when we all feel a bit more relaxed and carefree. With that in mind, here are Head Candy’s ideas for keeping your hair looking and feeling amazing with a no-fuss attitude!
Braids, braids, braids…
Go for an easy yet polished braided updo, a classic french braid, cute pig-tail braids, or a soft fishtail braid to keep your long hair out of your way! Whether at the beach, at work, or at a cocktail party, braids can be dressed up or can be casual for those perfect summer days & nights. Braids are always in style and are a current fave among our staff, even the glam Heidi braid! So easy, so pretty, and can be seen all over the runway, red carpet & TV this season! Start all of these styles with Bumble’s Surf Line including Surf Foam Wash Shampoo, Surf Creme Rinse & Surf Spray for body and soft, seabreezy texture!
Try an easy fishtail braid! These braids are meant to be soft and have an “undone” quality to get that great textured look and feel. Start with a product to give grip and texture like Bumble and Bumble Texture Creme. Keep it loose and soft and secure with a snag-free elastic.
Look super polished with a braided updo!
This is something you can totally DIY! Part hair off to the side & make 2 sections, but don’t make it too perfect! Braid each section, securing with a snag-free elastic. Cross the braids in the back & pin in place, or twist the braids into a bun off to one side.
Nothing says summer hair quite like those beachy textured waves! And to make them even better, go for the natural no-fuss waves that require very little effort! Start with Surf shampoo & conditioner, add some Color Minded UV Protective Styling Balm for natural movement, heat & humidity protection, and Surf spray for salty texture. Then add a loose braid or tie up in a simple bun and enjoy that lazy day by the pool or at the beach! To get ready for a night on the town or on the boardwalk just let your hair down and add your favorite lip gloss!
Have naturally curly hair and still want those soft beachy waves? Luckily you already have a natural texture to your hair but don’t let the humidity make you frizz out at the beach! Add a product with your specific hair in mind. In addition to the Color Minded Polish with UV protection- to smooth, soften, and loosen course curls while keeping them tame and frizz-free, use Curl Conscious Calming Creme. For a more structured and durable hold go for the Curl Conscious Holding Foam. All 3 of these products are humidity resistant so you have one less thing to worry about!
Cut it OFF!
For those of you brave confident girls that just want to try out a shorter crop, Head Candy has you covered for summer! We absolutely love short hair and many of us have recently decided to go short ourselves! For the ultimate in easy going hair, try out a new short style! Consult your stylist for the perfect products for your specific hair type, but we think Grooming Creme is a best bet for most clients for lived-in texture with subtle hold.
Summer Weather Means Keratin Season!
Keratin Complex Summer Package $200 Includes a glaze, Full Keratin Complex & haircut! Valued at over $300!
Keratin Express Summer Package $100 Includes a glaze, Keratin Express & haircut! Valued at $195!
We highly recommend this service for summer to reduce frizz and curl and instantly add amazing shine, silkiness and condition to the hair. The results are astounding. Clients rave that “this is a life-changing experience”. Hair is more manageable, smoother and easier to style than ever before. Find out more on our Keratin page!
Not to be combined with any other offers.
We recently had an advanced color class presented by Wella where we learned some of the latest color trends & had several lovely volunteers that let us have our way with their color!
We’re always staying on top of the latest trends & techniques here at Head Candy and we absolutely love to share our knowledge with all of our amazing clients!
Here are the results of our workshop & a few of the team doing AMAZING color work during this fun-filled evening!
Here are the results & some of the most amazing new color trends!
We had so much fun creating all of these great color looks! Perhaps YOU could be wearing one of the latest trends next!!
Look no further for your perfect hair & makeup for Prom 2013! Head Candy has you covered!
Salon Head Candy 2013 Prom Treats
Pre-Prom Date: $75
For her- accent highlight, glaze & haircut
For him- haircut
Prom Night: $75
Includes prom hair & makeup
Add eyelashes for an additional $10
Just take a look at the results from our recent Prom photo shoot for inspiration!
Our talented stylists and makeup artist did all of the looks that you see here, so you know you’re in good hands!
Not sure how to wear your hair so that it coordinates with your dress? When you come in for your appointment you can look through our very own custom portfolio filled with hair ideas all designed around the type of dress you’re wearing!
Prom TIps from the pros:
- Take good care of your skin. Exfoliate & moisturize to keep skin nice & smooth which helps with being makeup & camera ready!
- Keep lips moisturized with lip balm
- When looking for makeup inspiration, make sure you find images with skin that matches your own. That brunette wearing a super dark smokey eye may not be the best look for someone with blonde hair & fair skin.
- Don’t forget about hair removal! We suggest getting your eyebrows and facial hair removal done a few days or up to a week in advance. Let Alex give an amazing arch to your brows to have a perfectly polished look. Skin too sensitive for waxing? Try threading by our expert Payal!
- Pick a hairstyle that works best with your natural texture. If your hair is super straight and doesn’t like to hold a curl, wearing your hair down with ringlets may not be the best choice. Naturally curly hair? Getting a straight blowout on a humid day or when you plan on dancing all night is definitely not the way to go!
- But if you’re worried about humidity & frizz control, get a keratin treatment at least a week ahead of time to keep hair controlled on the big day!
- Break those shoes in ahead of time! There’s nothing worse than wearing shoes that kill your feet! Wear them around the house for a few weeks to break them in & avoid blisters on prom night!
Here are a few tips to be prepared for your appointment at Salon Head Candy:
- Come to your appointment with a clean face, wearing only your favorite moisturizer. Make sure all makeup is fully removed, including liner & mascara from the day before.
- Make sure your hair is clean and dry! Showing up with wet or damp hair may add on an extra charge for blowdrying and an additional 30 minutes.
- Its a myth that dirty hair works best for formal styling!
- We have no idea what products you are using at home and most non-professional products are not meant for layering. They can flake when touched with an iron or when brushed out.
- Come in with clean dry hair. Use very little conditioner so your hair isn’t too soft, but leave the other products to us!
- Wear a button or zip top. There’s nothing worse than getting home and having to cut off your shirt because it won’t go over your head without messing up your perfect hair & makeup!
- Make your appointment as far in advance as you can to get the time slot that you want.
- Always give yourself more time than you think you’ll need. If the limo or your date is arriving at your house at 5pm, be ready at 4:30. Everyone will want to take lots of pictures- don’t leave them waiting!
- Full hair & makeup is about a 2 hour process from start to finish. Super long or thick hair takes even more time.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions and consultations are always free! Bring in your inspiration pics and let us help guide you in the right direction!
This color post is all about 2 of the most popular color trends of the moment- Ombre and Bronde!
Everyone is still in love with ombre and Head Candy has this hot color trend mastered!
Whether you’re looking for the stronger lines of the dip-dye or you want the subtle toned sun-kissed look, we’ve got you covered.
Head on over to our client before & after page for inspiration, bring in your own pictures of looks you love, or check out this article from Glamour Magazine.
Bronde is that perfectly subtle shade between being blonde and brunette. It has great soft dimension and is much more suitable than trying to be ultra light blonde when you have naturally darker hair.
The look works well on clients with light brown to dark blonde hair. We suggest a partial highlight with subtle weaving in the crown area, graduating to a larger weave around the face. We would then apply a Wella glaze in a cool light blonde shade, and finish with a trim of the ends followed by a Bumble and Bumble Mending Masque conditioning treatment to seal in the color, close down the cuticle, and add shine.
This look also works really well as a way to blend in and camouflage graying hair. We recommend re-booking this appointment every 8-10 weeks. Have more gray to camouflage? Change the glaze over to a permanent color and rebook your appointment every 4-6 weeks.
Don’t forget that consultations are always free and if you’re thinking of a big change we are more than happy to discuss your options with you!
Check out the results from our first men’s hair shoot!
We recently decided that the men in our area were being deprived when it came to their hair and we wanted to do something about it. Actually, we are dedicated and determined to do something about it and we decided to put our skills to the test by offering free cuts to any guys that were willing to let us take their pictures! We had some amazing volunteers with every hair type imaginable and each with their own sense of style.
This will be an ongoing project for us, our goal is to prove that men’s grooming can be taken to the next level in our area and that men do have choices. You don’t have to stick with the same old barber shop, quick-serve chain, or froo-froo day spa. You’re too cool for that. So are we.